Ideas for what to do during your stay at Alba Cottage:
- Cambridge: 10 mins drive - cafés, restaurants, boutique shops, arts & crafts, museum, Lake Te Ko Utu, Cambridge Raceway & horse studs, Waikato River, jet boat tours, Te Awa cycle trail, Saturday morning Farmers Market.
- Lake Karapiro: 10 mins drive - rowing, boating, kayaking, jet ski, picnics, cycling, glow worms.
- Maungatautari Sanctuary Mountain: 35 mins drive - ancient pest-free forest full of native wildlife.
- Mystery Creek: 20 mins drive - Alba Cottage is ideal for a stay whilst at Fieldays.
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tours: 30 mins drive - visit The Shire from Middle-earth as featured in the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies
The beaches at Raglan and Tauranga are only an hour's drive away, as are the Waitomo Caves and Rotorua.